CanOpen and Helmholz CAN 300 Module

Vittu

[FONT=&quot]Hi everyone,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I’m trying to connect Helmholz CAN300 Module (700-600-CAN01) thru Siemens S7 with Lenze drive 8200 over CanOpen protocol. On Lenze 8200 drive is CanOpen module (MA_E82ZAFUC010_CANopen_PT). I’m using S7 block’s that are supplied on CD with Helmholz CAN Module. Connection with Lenze 9400 was successful with Can on board port, but with 8200 is making me some problems…o_O[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Problem is that whenever I try to put FC45 CANopen PDO Fetch (RTR-Telegram) in function in S7 program red SF lamp on CAN300 module start to blink fast and yellow Can lamp is on.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I just found out that communication thru CAN is still working (with red SF flashing) but for only few minutes then also yellow CAN lamp goes off and communication stops.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If anyone has any experience with this devices or with CanOpen protocol I would really appreciate for help.[/FONT]

Regards

[FONT=&quot]Gkelley thanks for posting contact for Helmholz. It looks like only I have to work with CanOpen others are probably using more high-tech communication protocols like EtherCat, Profinet, …[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here is some explanation for anyone else.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Standard way to get PDOs from a CAN-Device is typically PDO-sending mechanisms "Sync" or "Event". With the "Event" transmission type the device will send the according TPDO each time one of the TPDO values changes.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With the "Sync" transmission type the device will send the according TPDO each time it receives the SYNC signal (CAN-telegram with ID 0x080 and no data).
(y)
[/FONT]