PLC programming using GPRS

Fonzie66

Hi all,

We have some small installations out in the field controlled by DL06 PLC's and Easyview HMI.
It is not possible/allowed to wire them to the internet.
I want to be able to monitor the PLC remotely.
Phoenix has a GPRS modem which can "extend" the serial port of a PC. The type is PSI-GPRS/GSM-MODEM/RS232-QB

http://select.phoenixcontact.com/ph...35?fct=relo3&lang=en&UID=2313106&prodid=&from=

Local representative of DL says it can be done if you can match the properties of the DL06's programming port. (9600-8-O-1). According to the manual these settings can be made using AT commands ( good old hyper terminal an be used).

Question: does anybody out there has any experience doing this with a DL06 PLC or any other PLC.
OR is it better to use an ethernet module in the PLC and the PSI-MODEM-GSM/ETH.

I can get an M2M SIM card with fixed IP adress for the GPRS communication. Works fine for the Horner PLC's and CScape Envision. Any help would be greatly appreciated.