Basic Question about analog input

hanachen

Hi,I am new to PLC and I want to do some simple task.
Now I have a DC power and a pot. I want to connect these two to my PLC's analog input module and display the voltage when I adjust the pot. Could you give me some advice? Thanks

Put pot maximum (full CW) to +DC of power supply, put minimum ( Full CCW) to dc ground, dc ground should also be connected to analog board ground, use potentiometer wiper as analog signal and connect it to your analog input, you did not mention your power supply voltage, let´s assume it is 10 VDC, so configure your analog inpou as 0-10 VDC, then you can scale this value to whatever you need it.

You'll need to know the type of analog input (0-10V, -10V to 10V, 4-20mA)
And you'll need to know the DC voltage of your power supply. You probably don't want to hook 24V to your 10V analog input (I don't know if it will hurt it or not, but why bother?)