SLC 500 Block Transfers (HelP

bobwithdana

I was able to sucessfully convert a RIO panelview 1000E to a panelview plus using the panelview plus as a RIO panelview. It works fine.

Now my Boss wants me to create the same panelview application to Ethernet panelview and I cant figure out the addressing from the PLC to the panelview.

The block transfers are like this.

COP
Source N7:50
Dest #M0:7.200
Length 64

That M file has me lost and how it relates to the virtual block transfers in the 1000E panelview.

Thanks for any insight.

Bob

COP
Source N7:50
Dest #M0:7.200
Length 64

This one would be part of a "BTW", where the source data is N7:50 through N7:109 and the mapping inside the PanelView is probably "Block 1, 00 - 63".

You will also see some "BTR" type copies, where the Source is M1:7.x00 and the destination is an Integer file.

Find all the block transfer logic and make sure it matches up with the Block Transfer objects in the RSLinx Enterprise configuration, and you'll be able to substitute those N-registers when you create an EtherNet/IP application.