Pv550 to slc5/04

Tom Hemeon

I have a PV550 talking to a SLC 5/04 using DH+. The panel view has a numeric entry with a input and display tag which are the same. Both tag initial values in the panelview setup are .1. The tag address F8:24 is only used once in the PLC and nothing writes to it other than the Panelview. When I power down over night and start up the next day F8:24 goes back to .1 from 1.3. I replaced the battery in the PLC and then replced the PLC and Panelview with new ones which didn't help. The PLC and Panelview programs have been ok for 7 years. I reload the program in the PLC and everything is fine again until I power down.

Your PB32 application for the PV550 probably has the tickbox checked for write to controller on startup. It will write all the initial values to the controller each time the panelview is powered up. If you don't want this to happen, uncheck that box, save the file and download it to the panelview.

You can find this under application settings, power up...

It would help if you posted both your PV program and the SLC's program.

But:
Both tag initial values in the panelview setup are .1
If the PV is programmed to write an initial value then its doing what you told it to do.

Edit:
OkiePC, types faster then I do.