Unmanaged Switches Mixed With Managed Switches

The Plc Kid

Guys

I have a project that i am looking at for a customer as a side job. I have a rough drawing of what they want in visio and is attached. I know the problems of using unmanaged swithes with ethernet ip but this palnt wants one managed switch and two 5 port unmanaged. The unmanaged is simply to connect the panelview and the point i/o blocks together with only one cable coming from the main control cabinet.

What kinds of issues will this cause if any? the managed stratix will be between the clx and the point i/o blocks and the 2 remote panelviews.This will be a 2 station setup for now but may expand to 6. They also have the idea of using panelview component vs pv plus. Problem is component does not talk ethernet ip it is the pcc encapsulation for slc/micrologix ethernet which would mean 2 protocols on the same wire? Problems? Or could this be controlled in the stratix? I know to use pv component i would have to use the slc addressing in the clx. It is very clunky but they are on a tight budget and i can't seem to change their minds to go pv plus and managed switches all the way? Advise please

Unmanaged terminal (downstream) switches won't matter at all. The only time unmanaged switches can be a problem is if they are scattered about, and used to link up to things like an enterprise network, where you don't want all of the multicast packets being sent.

I recently had a line that had 3 compact logix plc's,15 pflex drives,2 versaview hmi,12 point i/o blocks with all unmanaged switches and it had comms problems galore. Installed stratix 8000 for all switches and all the problems went away. With the low count of 2 panelviews and 2 point blocks maybe they will be okay.

Will i have issues with the ethernet ip and the pcc protocol on the same wire?