MultiCast IP Address Assigning

Hi all,

Just a quick question. In the Allen Bradley Publication Manual
ENET-UM001H-EN-P, page 205, it states that "EtherNet/IP modules support a maximum of 32 unique multicast addresses.". My question is, how are these addresses derived? We are upgrading a standalone network to corporate and in working with our IT guy, he was trying to correlate from the physical EthernetIP card assigned address and the Multicast. He is looking for this because of how we want to "phase" in the equipment onto the corporate network, and therefore how he has to setup the switches...

Thanks,

Andrew Evenson

Similar Topics

Hi, Wondering if anyone has had experience/knows how to modify the multicast address of EGD Data being produced. My PLC has Producer Id...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I have a Logix L81 CPU FW 32.011, and a 1756-DHRIO FW 7.003 in local rack. I am trying to talk to a Metler Toledo JagXtreme scales unit on...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have a question about multicast packets over produced tags. I've got a home lab setup, and I'm trying to get a better understanding of...
Replies
Views
Hi to All, I have a 1756-L7x redundant processor in one VLAN gateway is 10.17.120.1 and 1734-AENT in another VLAN gateway is 10.17.130.1, subnet...
Replies
Views
We have 7 CompactLogix L35E PLCs at an installation. Watching the network, I can see there is lots of multicast/broadcast traffic going on. A...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom