melsec plc

mykey

M
given the run arround by mitsubishi, is there a real customer support center for mitsubishi plc products? whats the phone number? will i get an answering machine or a real person? we have invested many thousands in mitsubishi products but can get no real help at all from mitsubishi!!! what software and interface are you using to program or back up the melsec products and where can we get it? where are the melsec manuals posted on the internet?

Where are you located?
First try to contact Chicago Tech Support at 1-800-950-7781.
There is always nice long wait till you get to a right person
so prepare something else to do (eat, drink, browse internet,
play game...).
To contact them by email, try [email protected].

If you need manuals, most can be downloaded from their
website www.meau.com.

There is also Canadian office located in Toronto area:
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc.
4299 14th Avenue
Markham, Ontario L3R 0J2
Phone: 905-475-7728
Markham, ON

melsec plcs

I am located in Honolulu Hawaii. I really appreciate your fast reply and the info you provided. I just got off the phone with a mitsubishi dealer who told me he thinks the mitsubishi factory customer support service sucks- I concure.
recently purchased for thousands and thousands of dollars, a mitsubishi PLC system from a company in Japan that installed but did not document, I think they spec'd the wrong output modules and the relays in these modules are welding the contacts together. Now we have a PLC that sticks on intermittently.
If anyone knew how bad the factory support is, would they buy these units at all?
I can see that this support group is much better than the factory many thanks- MYKEY

Local dealer may not have a deep knowledge of the product, they here to sell it.
I normally talk to the regional Mitsubishi office as well as Chicago. For CNC projects I had an engineer directly assigned to us and it was really helpful.

What I found few years ago, that Japanise specification is far more aggressive than UL or CE, they have no safety margins at all. I was arguing with Chicago guys that contactors supplied with servo drives and listed in catalogs maybe OK by Japanize standards, but way too small for domestic.
They ended up replacing them but did not agree at all pointing to Japan;)

Some manuals you also can find HERE

Re: melsec plcs

mykey said:
.....I think they spec'd the wrong output modules and the relays in these modules are welding the contacts together. Now we have a PLC that sticks on intermittently.- MYKEY

Is this a Q serie 8 relay output module ?

If So, I've had a real buggy problem with them, and after the 2nd replacement, was informally told that due to the low current of my load AND the fact that these relay contacts where not gold plated, the relay would have a tendancy to stick...

So I added more load and the problem vanished.

mel sec plc

this is a FXon series output module, for any load above 200 ma the contact life is derated 60% or more (see factory manual)

Thanks for the Mitsubishi Servo Manuals Link!

Contr_Conn said:
Local dealer may not have a deep knowledge of the product, they here to sell it.
I normally talk to the regional Mitsubishi office as well as Chicago. For CNC projects I had an engineer directly assigned to us and it was really helpful.

What I found few years ago, that Japanise specification is far more aggressive than UL or CE, they have no safety margins at all. I was arguing with Chicago guys that contactors supplied with servo drives and listed in catalogs maybe OK by Japanize standards, but way too small for domestic.
They ended up replacing them but did not agree at all pointing to Japan;)

Some manuals you also can find HERE

Tonight I was browsing the Net looking for a technical manual for an old Mitsubishi MR-SA Servo amp manual and your Link in the above post led me right to it. Thanks!

this is a FXon series output module

Not sure what you mean by this.

Do you mean an 'add-on' output unit or the outputs of the main PLC.

I ask because an FXoN is a brick type plc which incidentally has been discontinued for a few years now.

How old is the machine?

Its common practice to put interface relays in to protect the output relays if the load is high or inductive.

Also, the output relays can be replaced - not the easiest job but quite possible.

The relays are; TAKAMISAWA NY24W-K 502

De-solder 4 joints pull out re-solder 4 joints.

mitsubishi has crappy support, We went to Omron CJ series and are currently replacing all VFDs with Omron because of it.

Does anyone know if GX-D 7.01 will run with the FXon? If so I have it.

I disagree that mitsubishi has a bad support, I have the number of mitsi tech reps and they will come and see me at the drop of a hat.

Goody, maybe he has an fx2n plc because the expansion modules for it still start with fxon.

I have heard that it is locality, and in my locale there is none. Had 2 distribution reps there for 8 hours trying to get GX to communicate with PLC through E200. I Walked up set all baud rates ( I think there were five to be set ) ureka!!!! They were on the phone with some of thier other techs when it happened, needless to say that was the last Mitsu we will ever purchase. I dreaded going to Omron (something different) but now I Love It. It lets you Document EVERYTHING.