RSView32 momentry buttons

English

I am trying to setup RSView32 installed on a touchscreen PC connected to a AB ML1200.

The problem I have is with momentry screen buttons.
We have a function on the machine that requires to "inch" a machine through positions by holding down the screen button whilst the machine is moving. When the button is released the machine stops.
All very easy.
The problem is RSView is only allowing the rellevant tag to be energised for 10 seconds. We really need a minute or more.

So can this be adjusted? We have the same program running on other machines using the same PC and they have no issues.

Any suggestions on how this can be changed

Thanks

Though you can adjust the on time of momentary button, its like an off delay. As long as the finger is on the button it is on. That is a real long time for someone to touch the screen. I am thinking if your making the operator hold the button you should reduce the button time to the min.

This maybe a feature of the touch screen itself. I know some touch screens have a timeout function to stop a touch if it is sensed for a period of time. I think this is to prevent dirt or something from keeping the touch screen from being "on" thinking someone is continuously touching it.

Maybe be a registry edit.

I would go with Paully's take as well as Smoke RSVIEW momentary push button normally keeps the tag in active state until you release your finger so this is probably a setup parameter of the touch screen maybe you might be able to extend this time without going into the registry.

After a bit of digging around a regedit sorted the screen to allow the button to be pressed for up to a minute. They have a max of 120 seconds, but as smoke said, 60 seconds is enough.
Didn't help the software though.
I have found that even if I toggle the tag in the PLC, it only remains toggled for around 10 seconds. The tag isn't used anywhere else in the program and has been used with the same address in the same ladder program for the previous 6 projects without issue.
What has confused me is that I have changed this address and everything works as it should.
Any sugestions why the original address won't work?
Thanks

. . .I have found that even if I toggle the tag in the PLC, it only remains toggled for around 10 seconds. The tag isn't used anywhere else in the program and has been used with the same address in the same ladder program for the previous 6 projects without issue.
What has confused me is that I have changed this address and everything works as it should.
Any sugestions why the original address won't work?
Thanks

Something is writing to it. I would suspect that it is coming from RSView32. You could prove this by disconnecting the RSView32 station, and then toggle the bit and see what happens.

Since the operator must hold the button for a whole minute, perhaps you should give them a separate run/stop control?