Omron cable

I have never use CS1, but on CJ, to connect to peripheral port from a USB port you need CS1W-CN226 cable

Or, you can use a USB to RS232 Converter for connecting to a serial port using CS1W-CIF31 cable

Regards

Be very careful - I have found many USB/serial converters just do not work with PLCs of any brand. I use the one from Omron as they have tested it to work with all there PLCs. I have found, so far, it has also worked with everything else I have tried. It is not cheap by the way.
If you do a search here for USB I am sure you will find plenty of hits. This is a very common problem and there are probably more threads here relating to USB/serial converters than anything else.

standard serial adaptors do not work as well in all the protocals on the host link you can usually get away with it but the minute you goto toolbus or sysmacway you will run into problems so I agree with the others get the CIF31 adaptor. I ran into that problem before and am glad I bought the right one

To clarify the part numbers in the second post.

CS1W-CN226 is a serial to peripheral port cable. DB9 to peripheral port connector.

CS1W-CIF31 is the Omron USB to Serial converter.

You did not indicate which port on the CS1 you wanted to connect to, peripheral or DB9.

The information from BobB and mordred is from experience in the field, they know what they are talking about.

Hope this will help.

I carry the CIF31 all the time along with an Omron serial cable (non standard), USB cable of course for NS screens and CP1, peripheral port cable (5 metres), Promi bluetooth serial ports (I have 6 now) in the laptop bag, wireless internet of course - absolutely essential. Along with 120 ohm resistors and 100 puff ceramic caps(comms terminators), 5k, 10k, 25k, 50k resistors (generator AVRs), couple of screwdrivers, pliers, side cutters, set of small screw drivers for setting up cards etc, Ethernet straight through, Ethernet cross over, USB hub and power supply, AB, you name it. Some of the cables double up for Modicon and Siemens. Then in the car ASCII cable, 3G2C7-LK201-E, 3G2A6-LK201-E, BP002 stand off, Mitsubishi, Sprechur & Schuh (not now I gave it to someone).
That way I am covered for most things - then you get to site and need something else!!
Laptop on the back and tool bag over the shoulder and away you go for a day of fun and frivolity with a client who insists you be there for commissioning and is about 2 days away from being ready.
I hate having to play Solitaire for 2 days while waiting for them to get to a point where I CAN DO SOMETHING!!!!
Then I am holding them upo of course because I want to check out all the I/O to make sure they have wired things correctly!!!!
Oh we lead a fun life!

You will need a USB to serial adapter cable and PLC cable.
MANY of the office supply adapters don't work, so be careful.

The one we use is the Tripplite # U209R-000R. I haven't yet found anything it doesn't work with. You can get one thru DigiKey or several other sources.

You will also need either Omron # CS1W-CN226 ( to connect to the ToolBus port) OR Omron # C200H-CN229-EU ( if you want to connect to the RS232 9-pin port). The former is preferred.

Hope this helps!