comms on ML1500

robw53

hi guys,

i am trying to setup comms on my 1500 LRP Series-c with a NET-ENI so i can talk with my panelview + but im experiencing some problems, when i am in rslogix500 and i go to processor comms and change it to ethip and looks like its going well, download via serial with comm port 0 8pin mini din, it does come up letting you know your changing comms to something else than what you are currently using and you may loose communications, and do you want to continue, but after all that the driver still doesnt change in the 500 window it stay on df1, also do i need to setup comm port 1 or can you use either 0 or 1 without having to enable anything, i have looked in the manual and crnt seam to find anything suitable

FYI i am using a 1761-cbl-pm02

Last edited:
Leave whichever channel the 1761-NET-ENI is connected to set for the default DF1 Full Duplex settings: 19200 8/N/1. That's fine.

In RSLogix 500, the setting you are changing is entirely for the RSLogix 500 software; the MicroLogix doesn't know about it and nothing is downloaded to the processor regarding which driver RSLogix 500 used to access the processor. I think you were assuming you had to change that setting offline and download it, but when you used the serial connection to perform the download you were overwriting again the communication path RSLogix 500 was using.

After you have downloaded to the processor, go offline and physically connect the MicroLogix to the 1761-Net-ENI.

While offline, change the Communication path from the DF1 driver to the Ethernet Devices or EtherNet/IP driver, then go back online via Ethernet.

yes thats correct i thought you had to download the ethernet driver to the processor to allow it to communicate via the NET-ENI, are both channels enabled as standard or do i have to physically enable channel 1 as apposed to channel 0 (mini din)

Leave whichever channel the 1761-NET-ENI is connected to set for the default DF1 Full Duplex settings: 19200 8/N/1. That's fine.

Both channels are set up as Ken stated above by default.

i was just making sure that even tho ken said leave them as standard DF1 settings nothing was mentioned about if it was enabled or disbaled by default.

the only difference between the 2 channels is that one is on CRC and the other is BRB ( im not infront of my laptop but i think that CRC and BRB are the correct acrynim used ) am not sure what these are but does channel 1 need setting to same as channel 0

thats good to know mickey well when i click on the communications properties and click between ch0 and 1 tabs they change between CRC and BCC so they are both different between channels, when i get to my laptop i will make sure channel 1 is set to CRC

thanks for the link mickey nice to read up on that sort of thing

rob