Wincc auto assigning discrete alarms

dean_ham

Hi, i am currently having problems with adding a new discrete alarm to a project using wincc flexible advanced.

The project was previously created using protool but our machine manufacturers converted the project over to wincc. Now this is the first time I have had to create an alarm using wincc.

I have written the program in step 7 to bring on the alarm with DB3.DBX312.0 I would like to keep this the same and not change it as our other machine has the same alarm number.

When opening the project up and going to the discrete alarm tab right click and add discrete alarm to the list, wincc automatically generates an alarm number (DB3.DBX322.1) all i want to do is change this alarm number to the one i want (DB3.DBX312.0) But wincc does not give me the option of changing the alarm DBX number.

I have looked on the help file and phoned siemens help line and they explained that i need to create a tag for that. But when i search for that tag i have created i cannot find it. Also none of the other alarms in the list have tags?

73624950.jpg

Automatically generated alarm number, cannot change....

67924868.jpg

Cannot select my bit number only 312.0 word....

83866122.jpg

The tag i have created linking from DB3.DBX312.0 cannot be selected???

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Dean

Is the DB3.DBX312.0 a seperate bit in that DB or a part of a BYTE/WORD/DWORD?

You can't select a seperate bit if its a part of a BYTE/WORD/DWORD. In this case you need to make a Tag of the BYTE/WORD/DWORD and then select the bit (bit 1) in the Discrete Alarm options.