Need to connect Eaton HMi to DL06

edefelic

I want to use an EATON HMi with Port2 on the DL06. I believe that I have the serial cable made correctly and the parameters set correctly because I do not get a COM ERROR from the HMi on start-up. What I do get is a CONTROL and STATUS function block failure. If I throw a button up on the display I get a additional HMi error that states NO RESPONSE from controller. It seems to me that this should be simple. Do I need to specify a particular control and status block? Am I missing a parameter setting somewhere? Anyone done this successfully?

-Gene

I got it work, but I don't know what the problem was. I switched the COM setup in the HMi software from "KOYO SU/DL Series" to "KOYO K-SEQUENCE" (BAUD: 19200,8,ODD,1) and got serial communication working (flashing TX2/RX2 lights on PLC / no errors on HMi), but no functions would work. So, I switched back to "KOYO SU/DL Series" and bingo -- it works fine. Go figure.

P.S. I used the CONTROL/STATUS AREA specified in Appendix B of the Eaton HMi manual.