ab slc controllers and i/o film ware

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
hi to all
What is film ware?? and why some cards and controller nee to be uploaded with new film ware?

right firmware. is this only used for software upgrade or can it be used for upgrades of analog cards or i/o cards?. if so does how does an upgrade of a stand alone analog card work? for example an 1746-nr4
Again hanks for all your help !!!

SLC family I/O modules do not have loadable firmware. There is no such thing as a "firmware upgrade" for an I/O module.

Firmware upgrades for SLC-5/03 and 5/04 controllers are done with an EEPROM plug, and firmware upgrades for SLC-5/05 controllers are done over Ethernet with a utility program.

Similar Topics

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use Factory Talkview ME programming software with a new Panelview Plus HMI to read tags from multiple SLC...
Replies
Views
I need to log data from a register in one of my PLCs. I know there is a way to do it through Excel using RSLinx, but it seems so clunky. Does...
Replies
Views
I've done a bit of searching here and on the net in general and most of the information I find seems a bit dated and stale. Does anyone know of a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to communicate an Experion C200 with SLC 5/02 and 5/03 controllers located on a DH485 network via a DHRIO module and a 1785-KA5...
Replies
Views
I’m attempting to send a temperature from a SLC-5/02 to an EZiMarquee display. The vendor said to use a MSG instruction to send the data to the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom