Micrologix 1000 inputs voltage

DJH

Hi can any one tell me how smooth the voltage has to be on the inputs of a 1761-l32bwb? It requires 24vdc. I have 24vac sources can I just use a half wave rectifier or would I need to smooth the voltage further?

I dont know the specific tolerance required. It would stand to reason that raw unfiltered half wave DC would switch the input on for the positive half cycle and off on the negative half cycle. Depending on the point that the scan updated in the CPU it could produce erratic results.

I think you could be safe in using a diode bridge and then a 2200uf@35 vdc at the output(cathode) of the diode.Be sure to fuse this at the anode end of the diode bridge with a proper fuse rating of the device .
1-LaneSchematic.gif
remeber to check the dc voltage out with a meter.