Panel view plus 600

Basracx

Hi there, i have an issue on downloading a program to the panel. I just want to put new program but cant get to linx thru a adaptor to usb to my laptop. Can i just use the rs232 plug to usb on my laptop without going to micrologix 1500?

First off Welcome to the forum!
Second, if I understand you correctly, yes you can and should go from the computer straight to the PV+ using the transfer utility to download your new program.
Note: Not all USB to Serial adapters work with the Rockwell Software. I have been lucky that I haven’t needed to use a USB to Serial convert “yet”.
Also, you should also be able to use the Ethernet port on the PV+ and you Ethernet on your computer for the download and eliminate the converter.

Hope this Helps.

Thanks for the reply! ill try that! I'm trying to connect with linx and configuring the driver but did not help. there are 2 serial port at the back of the panel which one i need to use? i'm using panel builder 32.

If it is a PV600+ then PanelBuilder 32 is the wrong program.
PB32 works with the classic range of panelviews, not the plus range.

The software you require is RSView Studio for ME. (ME stands for studio edition)

Regards Alan Case

You need to provide us with the complete catalog number of your Panelview.
If it is a PanelView Plus then PanalBuilder32 will not work. You need Factory Talk.
With the catalog number you will get the most accurate help.

Edit: Alan Case types faster then I do.
Happy Australia Day

Last edited: