SIEMENS LR460 Radar Level Meter access problem

ypf_108

SIEMENS LR460 Radar Level Meter,Set the maximum range 48 m, the minimum range 0 m.I have installed the RSLOGIX 5000 V17.00
The output 4-20ma current signal. 1756-if8 the signal acquisition module, the module uses differential access method, HIGH ENGINEERING 1600, LOW ENGINEERING 0.
I have two questions:
How do I collect the module to the value of 0-1600 converted into the actual value?
Module value is 0-1600, the program on-line, the module channel value is negative, why do it? How to solve? thanks

Here's your first hint: There's a button on the bottom of each post that looks like this:

It lets you edit your original post without needing to make 3 different ones like you did here.

First, check your wiring, mut comply with attached file.

Second, setup your radar according to your needs, 4 mA=0 meter, 20 mA=16 meters or whatever you measurement is.

Third, config your IF8 according to your needs.

bobbias,What do you mean you say it? I am now to find a solution to the problem of the. Understand?
I have already set up 4 mA = 0 meter, 20 mA = 48 meters, but how do I collected the module 4-20MA converted into the actual unit value for the meter do?
IF8 relatively large fluctuations in the data collected ,why?

Last edited:
I think he's asking two questions.

1) How is the 4-20mA is converted to 0-1600 in his whatever PLC uses RSLogix 5000 as a development tool.

2) Why the signal appears negative (at the input?) and/or why are there flucutations

I can't help with the first, but for the second, does the level appear stable at the level transmitter, or are the level readings on the radar unit fluctuating, too?

danw,danw said right. I still do not check the reading, and 4-20MA current signal. Level meter is used to measure the coal bunker of coal-bit.
If the collection to 1230, then the thickness of coal?

Hi ypf_108

I can't help you with your RSLogix but I can with your LR460. Once you've got the device properly connected and configured in your control system, we will need to get reliable readings.
Click on my name and then click the contact info tab and send me a private message with your location in China. I will be able to get someone from our China location to help.
Regards