finish one cycle

sheryl86_ann

Greetings!

Some help with this condition?

During automatic operation and the machine was suddenly stop (selector switch turns OFF), it will still continue to finish its one cycle. (unless emergency stop push button was energize then it will totally stop to where it ended). The purpose is that so no product can be wasted, the whole process was still completed. Any concept? What commands are better?

Mitsubishi im using but mostly here are using allen brandly. any will do.

Thanks!

sheryl

The simplest way is to not examine the selector switch directly, but use an internal bit to stop the cycle if the selector switch is in "STOP", they system is currently in "AUTO", and the last step has been completed.

Under auto mode program, maybe you could consider incorporating "one cycle" flag or bit using either push button or selector switch. And program it in such a way that the current cycle should be finished first before the machine stops every time the "one cycle" push button is hit or selected.

Under auto mode program, maybe you could consider incorporating "one cycle" flag or bit using either push button or selector switch. And program it in such a way that the current cycle should be finished first before the machine stops every time the "one cycle" push button is hit or selected.

Mr. Jap:

Greetings!

"one cycle flag"? Do you have any sample progaram?

Thanks!

sheryl

Sheryl,

be sure to take a look at the program which my distinguished colleague OkiePC has provided in the following thread ... Mickey (also distinguished) has provided a PDF that you should be able to open easily ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=357560&postcount=8

be sure to read the entire thread - and see if the program structure helps answer your questions ...