SAP to PLC communication

skypilot43

I am trying to coordinate importing of data from SAP to a Direct Logics DL-06 memory location. Any tips. We could use a flat file if neccesary, and I'm sure I will need a copy of KEPDirect. The PLC is EComm'ed. Thanks.

I can only envision a custom program (VB, C, Java, whatever) running on a PC which can retreive data by querying SAP database and send it to the PLC via an OPC server.

I don't think there is an out-of-the-box ready-made solution for that.

SAP is a weird animal... I found some discussion in the past but it seems only big DCS vendor provide ready made solution. Your best bet is probably do a PLC - OPC - SAP setup.

Google OPC to SAP returned some promising results. Good luck.

Similar Topics

Has anyone here successfully created a system where the software SAP (ERP) interfaced with an Allen-Bradley PLC? Currently we have to take recipes...
Replies
Views
We have Control Logix 5562 (PLC) is linked with FactoryTalk SiteView and Factory Talk transaction Manager. Our project is PLC- SCADA process...
Replies
Views
I would like to know how i communicate Siemens PLC to the SAP based ERP system? Also how to convert PLC data into EXCEL sheet
Replies
Views
F
Hello I am currently upgrading Win 3.11 system to Win2000 (cusomer request) and have run into a snag. I am new to S5 and prfibus but have figured...
Replies
Views
frobie
F
Good Afternoon, Just wondering , are many of you using SAP in your plants ? If so , is it difficult to learn ? Are there many training...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom