1784-PKTX problems

cwilliams

I have a machine at work that has a 1784_pktx card in the PC. The computer is using windows XP Pro as the operating system. The pktx card is not working and is showing error. I understand that I need to install an xp driver because I think when the card was originally installed around 2001 the operating system was win 98. I am trying to find out how to install the new driver in rslinx oem without having to remove the card and do a total reinstallation. Any help would be greeatly appreciated

What version of RSLinx do you have? Does the 1784-PKTX driver show up in RSLinx? You may have to upgrade your RSLinx if its not there.

what is the requirements for replacing a 1784-ktx card with 1784-pktx card to work with the same operating system WIN NT and same interface program
the ktx card is :-
interrupt setting for channel 1 =9
E3 jumper at 16 bit (pin 2&3)
SW3=D
SW4=7
our main problem is finding pc with ISA slot so we are trying to have the PCI card

The User Manual says it is compatible. You will need a Windows driver. They have two separate driver downloads. One is a Windows 95/98 driver. and the other is a Windows XP, and Windows 2000 driver.

I don't know which one you would use. My guess would be the Windows 95 driver since the card initially supported NT and Win95. But I would keep trying drivers until I find one that works.

The drivers and the user manual for the PKTX are available from the RA Download Center.

https://compatibility.rockwellautom...roductDownload.aspx?keyword=PC Card&crumb=112

Good luck. It's been 20+years since I've dealt with Windows NT.

OG