-T2
-I/I--------{T1}-- 5 sec for exsampel

-T1
-I I--------{T2)--5 sec

-T1----T2
-I I---I/I----{output}---light

Hope I helped

ArikBY,

I tried to explain this to you on site and through a Private Mail. Type it in exactly as you see below. The key to making this work is to use the words LADDER and /LADDER surrounded by square brackets.

[LADDER]

T2
---|/|------------(T1) 5 sec for example

T1
---| |------------(T2) 5 sec

T1 T2
---| |---|/|------(Output) Light

[/LADDER]

Still lost. You are showing XIO. I dont think PICO has XIO bits.
Also, the timers in a PICO are different and behave different from any other AB PLC.

9'er...

That Pico thing ain't much of a PLC. It is a "switcher".

However, if you are willing to use a real control relay in addition to the light, this will do you.

3f834f1b076edd4a.gif

The switch at the left is the primary source. The Normally Closed CR Contact is of course controlled by the Control Relay.

The output from the top timer goes to the light AND to the input for the bottom timer. These are real inputs and outputs.

When the switch is closed, CR is OFF and -|/|- is closed.

The top timer runs for 1-second then turns ON the light.

When the light comes ON, the bottom timer runs for 1-second.

When the bottom timer times out, the CR is turned ON which opens the contact... the top timer is reset along with the bottom timer.

The -|/|- closes again and the cycle repeats.

This shouldn't be too tough on the CR Contact. However, the same effect can be had with a solid-state switch without stress.

here is how I did it...

I1----------TT1
T1----------{Q1

T1 was set up as a flasher (||) with a time of 1 second.
I made it a flasher because it resets its self. I am still working on another way...

Arik is correct, principle is same

Terminology is different but application is same. XIO is same thing (more or less) as a normally open contact, XIC is same thing (more or less) as a normally closed device.

Pico uses the terms normally open contacts and normally closed contacts...kind of like real relay applications.

I downloaded Pico Software 3.0...dont think I will bother with using them. For the price I prefer using an AD DL05, the DL06 is a mini-powerhouse for the price, which is also comparable except for cost of software but if Pico Software is an indication of what you get FREE then I think I would prefer to pay something.

Anyway Pico software uses the terms Contact for inputs like XIO/XIC and Coils for outputs.

Actually I wish I was as good as Arik because if you look closely at what he has shown it should work with the Pico...verbatim, forget about nomenclature and look at the symbology.