Timing using AMCI-1542 Resolver card

lectricman

I have an application that utilizes an AMCI 1542 resolver card in a SLC 5/04 system using 1353 words and 2793 words of data .It runs at 10ms scan and 20ms max.The machine cycles at 20 pcs per min..At about 190' of cycle a gripper moves the part out of the way allowing for the next part to be moved in place.The logic uses a limit test and looks at the resolver value and when its between 190' and 250'a solenoid fires ,removing the part.The problem is when the cycle is started at 185' or 195'or even 200' there is no noticable change in timing.If you go to 205' it wont activate at all or is way too late.The cycle is always 50' to 60' in duration.Different setups are needed for different parts.Any ideas ?

Similar Topics

ok need some help with this...what is the maximum timing error when using a timer in a PLC? 1x the Plc scan time 300ms 2x the plc scan time 4x...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am struggling to figure out some logic. I have an analog pressure sensor coming into the PLC and would like to have multiple timing...
Replies
Views
the plant I am supporting uses a siemens graph function to do some of the step procedures. in several steps it waits for the step to execute for...
Replies
Views
All Using a MicroLogix 1400. Not a huge program doing an auto stop function based on a calculated roll diameter Using encoder feedback for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm trying to fully understand the different effects of the Loop Update Time parameter within the Logix PID instruction. I was always...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom