Moeller ps4 big problem :)

Goody

I have done a lot of searching of old threads on this site about Moeller plc's and it doesnt look too good for my problem.

Anyway - here's hoping there is someone with enough experience with these dreadful plc's

The problem: A machine has a PS4 201 plc controlling it. It has 7 extention blocks including analouge I/O.
The machine developed a problem so in someones wisdom - they pulled out the eeprom while it was running. Aparently, they thought it might reset the fault. It put the plc in HALT - or 'not ready' mode.

They told me they had a backup of the program so all I had to do was reload it back in. They had the programming software and lead (Sucosoft 40) so my job would be simple. :)

Simple my backside!

After several hours of struggling with this software and trying to load the backup back in I was at a dead end (the backup file they had was not of the file extention that this plc was looking for.)

I used the diagnostics and this is what it told me.

SCREEN1.jpg

Ignore the battery warning - they had a spare plc that I swapped out with the same result as before - apart from the battery was dead on this one

SCREEN2.jpg

It then transpired that they had done this very same thing before and the plc that I had swapped out had been removed from this machine before.

When I tried to load the project file into the plc I got a message something like this memory is not the right type or cannot be written to - niether would it let me format the memory card - same response.

I am of the opinion that the operating system is also corrupt but I could not find any onfo in help files

Please, does anyone have a clue where I go from here

Moeller PLC's

Contact Applied Automation, Wales, for Moeller PLC support.

Phone: +44 (0)1656 767370
Fax: +44 (0)1656 767378
Email: [email protected]

Applied Automation
Dragon House
Princes Way
Bridgend Industrial Estate
Bridgend, CF31 3AQ
Mid Glamorgan
United Kingdom

Thanks for that moggie. I am in contact with them.

It turns out (through Applied-automation) that it must have been the battery that was removed while powered down - šŸ™ƒ

And the plc is now empty.

It also transpires that the backup file I had is a compiled version but was written with the old DOS software S30 and I dont have the source code to convert it to S40

Applied Automation gave me a link to download S30 but I cannot install it on my computers - no DOS and no floppy drives.

Unless any of you know how to give me a dos enviroment on a XP computer.

Seems I am stuck for now.

Thanks for your help - I am sending the plc to applied automation. They will reload the image file and send it back.
I can recommend these people for service and price.