PL7-2 and TSX 17

tomhelliwell

Hi All, Im having trouble communicating with an old TSX17 that needs replacing, im wanting to download the current program off it. I have read alot of the posts on the forums regarding the TSX17 but none seem to be related to the problem im having. I've just installed a copy of PL7-2 (Xtel) on OS/2 Warp that i managed to dig out. But the problem is when I try search for the PLC or use some of their utilites i keep getting a popup box saying the following:

NO SOFTWARE ACCESS RIGHTS
PROGRAM COMPLETE

Ok so hardware wise I have:

COM2 <-> DB9 <-> RS232/RS485 convertor <-> DB15 <-> TSX17

Any of these could be faulty, I've made them myself. on the convertor i can see lights flickering on the RS232 side just before the popupbox above appears.

Also i could maybe have the baud rate wrong it set itself the default of 9600

Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Ok so I've looked at the convertor and I think its not working correctly, according to a document i found on the internet I can use a NM422A IC but cant seem to find one anywhere, i've checked RS, Maplin and Rapid electronics. Can anyone else suggest where I might find one?

Hello tomhelliwell

The messsage "No software..." has nothing to the converter you use. It just means that you have no licence for PL7-2 software, you need disk or special black box with the licence.
What you can do is to find XTEL PACK and install it on OS2. The image file of XTEL PACK which you can find in internet probably has also licence key so you should not seen that message any more. If so send me private message.

The other issue is the converter you are asking about. In the factory we have converter made by one of our technician so I will check just after the weekend what is inside and give you info.

Br,
macio

Hello again

Sorry for delay, I am so busy at work...
So, the IC's which are used in my converter are:
SN75176BP
MAX232N

Now I'm drawing circuit according PCB. I will put it here as soon as possible.

Br,
macio

I have heard you need a parallel port "dongle" for software to work. Can anyone confirm?

Chris

Yes, Chris

The parallel port dongle is the key used for old PL7-2 software (this is what I called "black box" on my previous post). After a few years Telemecanique developed the key on 3,5" floppy disk given with XTEL PACK and you don't need that hardware key any more.

Br,
macio

Hi

I did the circuit drawing. Hope there is no mistakes and it will work properly but if not please anybody give me the info and I will check it again.

Br,
macio

tsx17_pc converter.jpg

Hi kabir11

I have flopy key only for XTEL PACK which does not include MMI. I look for XTEL MMI PACK as well.

br,
macio

hi Macio.
thanks for your answer.
I made your drawing board tsx17 - pc but it didn't work then I change your drawing board but it didn't work also plz help me
d:%5Ctsx17-pc.bmp

hi Macio.
thanks for your answer.
I made your drawing board tsx17 - pc but it didn't work then I change your drawing board but it didn't work also plz help me.

tsx17-pc.jpg

Hi anybody have pinout of TSX Micro - mini 8 port i have diagram for PPI connection its RS485 half duplex adapter its work witk Siemens S200 but i hear thats worked with TSX/////

Hi everyone.
I have been trying to connect online because I want to watch some inputs in the program, I can connect online but I can't see the state of the inputs.
Could you help me please?

Hello Tomhelliewl.
I did that one, but now I need to read on-line the state of the signal, how can i do that?

Last edited: