S7 compare problem

viikku

Hello all.

I ran into small problem with S7 block compare. The program in PLC has difference in one FC-block, compared to the program version I have on my laptop. Difference is only the "last code change" date, shown in details window.
This is little dumb to ask but, is it safe to save & download the block to PLC? Because the code and checksum are ok, it shouldn't matter? Am I right?

a04.jpg

Another test is to open the FC and put your glasses on (go online). If you go online, then go offline, save & download. That will resolve it with a little "feel good" step before you download. Caution: Be careful because if the block is not equal the software will ask if you want to download it, which you do not want to do.

[For those that discover the block is not equal: you can upload FC's from the PLC. When you open them you will get "symbol information of the block is invalid". But since you just uploaded you can now save & download and it will resolve this issue. This advice is for FC's only.]