DDE POKE to micro logix 1200

Jezz

Hi ,
I've managed to get a DDEpoke comand set up to send the string data from cell A1 in an Excel sheet to ST15:0 in a Micro logix via RSLinx, can I do the same with an integer from Excel or am I right in thinking that all the info in excel is stored as strings?

The code behind a command button is:

RSIchan = DDEInitate ("RSLinx","ML1200")

DDEPoke RSIchan, "ST15:0", Range("A1")

DDETerminaye (RSIchan)

Thanks Jezz

DDE

Try looking in RSLINX "Help".

I found this!

Sub Word_Write()

'open dde link: testsol=DDE Topic

RSIchan = DDEInitiate("RSLinx", "testsol")

'write data thru channel

DDEPoke RSIchan, "N7:30", Range("[RSLINXXL.XLS]DDE_Sheet!D7")

'close dde channel

DDETerminate (RSIchan)

End Sub

Best Regards

beerchug

/CODE
Private Sub ToggleButton15_Click()
'OPEN DDE LINK: NEW_TOPIC=DDE TOPIC
'MOVE A1 INTO B3:12
RSIchan = DDEInitiate("RSLINX", "COMPRESSOR")

'WRITE DATA THRU CHANNEL

DDEPoke RSIchan, "N7:100", Range("[COMPRESSOR.XLS]COMPRESSOR!A5")

'CLOSE DDE CHANNEL
DDETerminate (RSIchan)
End Sub

I USED THIS TO DOWNLOAD VALUES TO THE PLC.
I ACTUALLY FIRED UP THE EMULATOR AND DIRECTED MY TOPIC TO AN EMULATED FILE AND THEN TESTED THIS ROUTINE. WORKS GREAT.
--------------------------------------------------------
THIS STUFF HAS REALLY BENIFITED MY CUSTOMERS WHO DON'T HAVE A RS500 COMPUTER HANDY ALL THE TIME. I HAVE EXCELL SHEETS THAT DIRECT THEM TO I/O, SPECIALTY REGISTERS, GRAPHING STORED DATA, ECT. IT IS CHEAP EXCEPT FOR RSLINX (HEAVY) THAT YOU NEED.
------------------------------------------
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS DDE PEEK/POKE AND WHAT OTHER TOOLS MIGHT BE IN THE EXCELL TOOL BOX TO TRY. I LIKE THE ACTIVE X PUSH BUTTONS AND HAVE USED EXCELL CONDITIONAL FORMATTING TO CHANGE CELL COLOR BASED ON THE STATE OF A PLC BIT, (ALARMS, EDITS TESTING, BATTERY LOW, PLC PROCESSOR OK)