WinCC flexible - Copy data to excel or make a pdf?

Hi.

I have a winCC flexible project where i have created a screen for a "report" of the last batch that has been running. on this site, i have some I/O fields that shows for example start and end time of the batch and batch-numbers of things used in the batch. It also contains a trend that shows how weight and temperature has been during the batch.

The reason why i dont use the create report function i flexible is, that i can't show trends in the reports??

But what i would like to do is that when the batch has endet, i trigger a bit, and then i would like to print my "batch-report" and then save it to a excel or pdf-file. But i can't figure out how to do that.
So i was hoping that some of you guys could help me..

I have attached a picture that shows how most of the screen in my project. This is the screen that i would like to save a copy of in pdf or something else, so that the customer can find the batch-reports later on..

I wil appeaciate all help very much
Best regards
Morten

my_report_page.jpg

I don't know how to do this. In my projects I have a button to print screen shots. I always install a PDF printer as a default printer so I can save them as PDF's. The problem with this is you have to enter a file name for the PDF. So it will not do it automaticly. I am using CutePDF for the printer.

If you find a way to do it let us know.

Hej Morten.

Because you want to save the screen with the trend view, then it is no longer an "excel file", i.e. some numeric values. But it is a graphical view as the screen actually looks.

I dont think that you can include trend views in a report.
You can create a screenshot and store it in a file (I do that), but that would require that the user is looking on the screen the moment the screenshot must be saved. You could force that the view is switched to the trend view screen, but that would be incredibly obnoxious. I think therefore it is not practical to save a screenshot automatically (despite that it would be a neat feature).

What you can do is to store the numeric values from the trend view.
That would merely require that you log or report all the values from the Array tag that you use for the trendview.

Hej Morten.

Because you want to save the screen with the trend view, then it is no longer an "excel file", i.e. some numeric values. But it is a graphical view as the screen actually looks.

I dont think that you can include trend views in a report.
You can create a screenshot and store it in a file (I do that), but that would require that the user is looking on the screen the moment the screenshot must be saved. You could force that the view is switched to the trend view screen, but that would be incredibly obnoxious. I think therefore it is not practical to save a screenshot automatically (despite that it would be a neat feature).

What you can do is to store the numeric values from the trend view.
That would merely require that you log or report all the values from the Array tag that you use for the trendview.

Hej Jesper.

Thanks for your answer..
i was hoping that you would say - "of course you can save the screen as pdf" ;)
But I had the feeling that it could not be done..

What i do now, is that when the batch has finished, then i run a script where i change to my "report-page", and then do a print screen. And when that is excecuted, i change back to the previous screen.. That is working, though it is maby not the best solution..

But i see what you meen about logging the data.. But would it be possible to create my "report" in excel by using the logged data, and then get excel to automaticly create the trend, and make a page that looks like the one i have made in flexible now? And then automaticly save it into a new file on the PC for each batch??

regards
Morten

Hej Jesper.

Thanks for your answer..
i was hoping that you would say - "of course you can save the screen as pdf" ;)
But I had the feeling that it could not be done..

What i do now, is that when the batch has finished, then i run a script where i change to my "report-page", and then do a print screen. And when that is excecuted, i change back to the previous screen.. That is working, though it is maby not the best solution..

But i see what you meen about logging the data.. But would it be possible to create my "report" in excel by using the logged data, and then get excel to automaticly create the trend, and make a page that looks like the one i have made in flexible now? And then automaticly save it into a new file on the PC for each batch??

regards
Morten

Hi,
Looks like you could solve your problem with the print screen solution. I hope that you already know that now it is possible to produce excel sheet with your data. Where I am stuck is, I need to convert the excel sheet into pdf to avoid alteration of data.
Since I am completely new in PLC programming and tired of searching in the internet, I beg for your help in these regard. It would also be helpful if you share me the code you written for the 'Move to window', 'Print screen' and 'Move back to window'. Many many thanks in advance.