Win CC Server

antoine

Hi all,

I am installing a new server (Simatic rack PC) to run Win CC 5.0 as a server.
This new PC is running under XP.

The client is a good old PC running NT ( unchanged )

I reinstalled the project in the new PC, created accounts, set the machine name, shared the project directory on the network.

From the client, I can access the .MCP launch it, it starts opening a few files, then it stops and pops an error message "cannot access files"

As soon as I cas actually access files with the explorer, I am quite confident about my network settings.

Did you encounter this kind of problem ?
Is XP compatible withe the 5.0 version ?

Any clue is welcome...

Thanks in advance and regards,

Antoine.

Similar Topics

I'm trying to use a copy of my (new) customer's Siemens Step 7 project files to further my knowledge of Step 7. I archived his project files today...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am new to posting so please go easy on me. I am tring to install WinCC (not flexible) on a Windows 7 Ultimate Version 6.1 SP1 64...
Replies
Views
Dear Friends During the Installation of WinCC v 6.0 there was a requirement for installing SQL server 2000(WinCC instanz) . and I dont know about...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I can not Log into the ML1100 Web server using the window internet new Explorer version 7.0.5730.11, it can not recognise the username and...
Replies
Views
Dear All, i am trying to connect Danfoss inverter with s7 200 cpu 226.but microwin shows following error at DATA Ptr.i assigned different VB...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom