Comm. Problem with T3000 to SLC 500 with Equustek DL6000

Segen

Our plant is currently going through a DCS change to a Siemens T3000. We have been running F.A.T. at the Siemens location. The problems we are having is our commands from the T3000 to the SLC are not working. Everything from the SLC to the T3000 works fine. Siemens loaded the configuration for the DL6000 and we`ve built an exact replica of our SLC rack with the same program we have in the field. Any ideas on why we can`t receive any I/O from the T3000 but it doesn`t have a problem receiving them from the SLC? It`s going through DH+ 3-wire blue hose. Thanks in advance.

Can you post some of the specifics of how the Siemens DCS is configured to read and write the SLC system ?

It might also help if you can post specifics of how your SLC is configured to communicate with the Siemens DCS.

If this were my system I'd be going after the serial link with a protocol analyzer.

Can you post some of the specifics of how the Siemens DCS is configured to read and write the SLC system ?

It might also help if you can post specifics of how your SLC is configured to communicate with the Siemens DCS.

If this were my system I'd be going after the serial link with a protocol analyzer.

I am currently back at the plant and not at the test site, but I`m pretty sure the Siemens engineer set the DL6000 up as a modbus slave. Our slc is configured for DH+. Sorry, I don`t have much information. This is our first rodeo with this set up.