OT: Elementary force upon a brake disc question

HJTRBO

Hi all,

Please refer to attached pdf.

If a go with the second 2 disc configuration and apply the same clamping force as the original single disc setup will that improve the braking power?

I appreciate any assistance greatfully.

Hmmm, sounds like a home work question!

Just to clear up, i'm an A grade Victorian sparky employed fulltime and NOT studying a course of any description...

If a go with the second 2 disc configuration and apply the same clamping force as the original single disc setup will that improve the braking power?

Yes, it will be close to double the braking force with the same clamping force, if one or more of the disks can move axially (the center pad also needs to "float"). The overall thermal rating will not be doubled however.

Edit: Stearns, Nexen caliper?

Last edited:
Milldrone, thankyou for your reply. Caliper... Ah, Tamiya nitromethane R/C car. Now I have an hour or two on the lathe to spin up some new parts.(y)