RSView32 VBA Password Protected

NBJamie99

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I have an old RSView32 app, when the project file was copied from an old HMI to the new HMI, the VB now has compiler errors in a hidden object. My knowledge of VB is virtually non existent, but I know my first hurdle is getting passed the password protection, that was set my a previous programmer many years ago.

Does anyone have any tips as to how to crack the VBA password? I have looked at a few programs online, but all are for VB through office, not rsview32.

Thanks.

Sorry if this is a sore or off color subject, I would appreciate if the admins would just delete the thread if it is in violation of any forum policies.

But to be fair the original programmer worked for the same company I do, in which program and application is property of the company, and the password was installed by the programmer without knowledge or permission of the company. Also, I have asked to contact him, but no one has any contact information.

So, I hope I did not offend you or anyone else by asking how to get passed the password, but I truly just want to get this app working and HMI shipped out. Especially without completely verse engineer everything and set it all up again.

Yes, this is one of those times where password cracking is a legally viable option. However, most sites online (and apparently this one as well) shy away from password cracking altogether, because it is such a touchy subject.

Good luck finding anything about cracking passwords on that thing...

Go to Rockwell Knowledge base and type 6305 into the search field it tells how to duplicate a project to a new project on another computer and VBA can some times require special treatment

You need to sign in to reach this info
you need a Tech connect contract

If your old project was prior to version 6.3 it also requires assistance with the tag data base
what versions are you running