rslogix 500 english & starter english

robw53

i have both the english and starter english on my laptop, and now i am installing it to a desktop to have in my home office test rig, the only problem is on my laptop the only version that works is the english, when i try to open starter english it says ..."fatal error and then says it cannot find the licensing keys etc" thats fine i always use that version anyway, but now i am trying to install the english version and all i can find on my disks are the starter english so it keeps giving me errors, the disks are a copy of the real ones but i crnt find the english version anywere, does anyone know were i am going wrong?

also what exactly is the difference between the two versions?

the version is 7.10.00 CPR7

Wow, that's not how I've experienced the version licensing.

In my experience, all* installations of RSLogix 500 are the same. When the software starts, the highest activation it finds will determine the features it uses.

The main features that RSLogix 500 Starter lacks are support for online editing of SLC-5/0x controllers and online cross referencing.

If you install a copy of "RSLogix 500 English", aka "Standard", then use the RSLogix 500 Starter activation diskette, the software should simply run with Starter features.

There's clearly something afoot that I don't recognize here. Maybe there's something specific in the Shortcut that you're using ? Or I might be projecting my experience with RSLinx Classic features/licensing onto RSLogix 500.

*RSLogix 500 Starter Lite is free, and cannot co-exist with a licensed copy of RSLogix 500 on the same computer. RSLogix 500 Starter Lite does not look for a license key.

well its certanly confusing me, when i go to porgrams then rockwell software there is 2 seperate software packages to choose either english or starter english, i will do a screen shot tonight when i return from work, i only have one set of disks so its come from them somehow. my company has tech support maybe i will ring them and ask someone, but please keep coming with solutions anybody

Rob