FC 105 scaling block

Egil-s

Hi.

I am going to use the FC105 to scale a pressure transmitter.

But when i put in the values in hi/low limit, it says "Constant format for data type INT does not fit the formal type REAL of the formal parameter HI_LIM"

That is when i put for example 200 as high limit.
But when i put in 2.000000e+002, its ok.

Why is this.

Oh, another problem.

When i type 1 or 0 in the BIPOLAR field, is says "Compiler information: type conflict."

When a real number is required as a parameter, it must be entered in the format of a real number. No ifs or buts.

If using the ladder editor, you cannot enter a constant for a boolean parameter - use an M flag that is always true or false as required.

If using STL, you can enter True or False for a boolean but the editor generates code that either sets or resets a local boolean variable and passes the local variable to FC105

Highlight FC105 in your blocks folder then F1 will give you the in-built help.

popp.JPG

Ok, but then i cant understand what i am going to do.

I attach a print screen, so you can see my problem easier.

fc.jpg

You always need to pass the correct TYPE of variable/value.

If you click on the input, you can see which TYPE the compiler expects. For example, if you click on the lo_lim input of FC105, you will see, at the bottom of your screen, IN/REAL.

This means you have to pass the value in REAL format; IE: 1.0

Assigning a BOOl input, requires you to define a variabe of the TYPE BOOL, assign it (TRUE/FALSE) and then use it as input variable for FC105.

Press F1 and search for "DATA TYPES" for extra info.

... and your last rung should check that AlwaysOn and AlwaysOff are as expected. Say, due to a programming error AlwaysOn is inadvertently set to zero, you may have code executing relying on AlwaysOn to be just that, only to find that it isn't.

i always declare variables
like:
twohundred : REAL:=200;
or same hlimit: real:=200;
in my globals i have a list with these.
zeroint :INT:=0;
zeroreal :REAL:=0;
oneint
onereal
etc.

Scaling Function does not accept PIW input

You enter a PIW here to the integer input and it's accepted !
Whenever i enter it in my program (with the address it is stored in) , it's not accepted and it gives me the message " Data type of IN does not fit the symbol table entry of the actual side".
When I try to enter it by the symbol name (for example i called this input LC1), when i write LC1 it gives the same message

Can you help me in that ??