Simovert MasterDrive status 21 after being parameterized from PLC

Chadk1971

Hi all,

This may not be the right forum for this, but maybe someone can help me anyway.

What I have is a rack of MasterDrives and MM4's for various machine functions.

In the VISU application(WW InTouch 9.0 running on a PC627B)are keys set up as "drive download" buttons. When a drive is replaced in the machine, the technician addresses the new drive (P918=DP Address) and simply pushes the button on the VISU, which then accesses a DB in the S7 program with a sequential routine containing all the parameter changes and values needed for that particular drive slot.

This process works perfectly for the MM4's, but I have an issue when using the MasterDrives. Every time that I download parameters via the VISU to the MasterDrives, it appears that it has been successful. All parameter values are loaded, and written from RAM to EEPROM. As soon as I cycle power off/on to the drive units, all of the MasterDrives come up in status 21 (Download), preventing the drives from running.

Somehow parameter P60 has been written from a 7 back to a 6 (download).

It has been verified before power down that P60=7 in the RAM and the EEPROM. It was suspected at first that the PLC might be writing the new value in at power up, so the drives were downloaded, values verified, then drives were powered down, DP cable disconnected, and drives powered back up, it still changed this parameter value P60 to a 6, so I am relatively sure that it is something happening in the drive itself.

As soon as I enter the value P60=7 manually from the PMU, I never see this status 21 issue again (after repeated cycling of power) unless someone re-downloads the parameter set from the PLC via the VISU.

Thoughts please?

Has the machine behaviour changed or is this the first time a MasterDrive has been parameterised from the DB ?

Maybe this is the way it is supposed to work or do you have an instruction manual that contradicts the behaviour ?

Last edited:
This is a change we made in the way the drives are parameterized. These drives were required to be parameterized manually with PMU or via PG in the past.

This parameter download sequence from the PLC was written by us to allow the customer to just be able to hang the drive, address it, and press one button to download the parameter set, in theory.

We got it right for the MM4s, I am just missing a step for the MasterDrive Compact Plus I think. I was hoping someone here had some experience with using the S7 PLCs to parameterize these drives?

I've not really used the PKW channel in anger on a masterdrive but from my recollection of doing a manual download what happens after a download is that the drive re-boots at the completion of the download and then is switched out of download mode.

Could it be that the drive needs to be rebooted before you write the P60=7?

Nick

This is a change we made in the way the drives are parameterized. These drives were required to be parameterized manually with PMU or via PG in the past.

This parameter download sequence from the PLC was written by us to allow the customer to just be able to hang the drive, address it, and press one button to download the parameter set, in theory.

We got it right for the MM4s, I am just missing a step for the MasterDrive Compact Plus I think. I was hoping someone here had some experience with using the S7 PLCs to parameterize these drives?

Chad,

A couple of questions, well a few

1) When you got the .dnl file and converted it to a DB- did you select work memory or load memory?
2) Did you also select RAM or EEPROM at the same dialog box?

3) Is this a complete parameter set or changed from default?

4) Did you use FB40 (PDAT_DL) from the DriveES Simatic library?

5) If using FB40- are you getting any errors from the block?
There is a DONE, BUSY and ERROR bit out of the block.

Ive used this on Masterdrive MC and VC
It works

Last edited:
By the way Manglemender
With FB40 from the DriveES Simatic library - you dont need to configure PKW in the hardware config. Cool huh?