Panelview Messages

bvaughn

I am using a Panelview Plus 1500 with RSLogix 5000 and Factory Talk View Studio Release 5.10 and haven't been able to get the messages to work. I have the array setup in the controller Panelview_Messages as an INT and using ladder to fill Panelview_Messages.8 (as an example) for a particular message. On the Factory Talk side I can't figure out how to setup the Information Setup, Tag/Expression so it isn't looking at Panelview_Messages, but Panelview_Messages.0 to .15. I have tried Panelview_Messages/x, Paneview_Message.L16 and so on with no luck.

I have only made it this far with this forum so thanks in advance for any help.

I have never used or played with the information message display myself, but here goes.

You can't.

The information message display only shows one message at a time and is therefore driven by the Value of the datasource (FYI DINTs are good!). If I were you I'd be moving values into the tag.

If still want it to work that way with bits rather than changing the integer value, set up your messages on the decimal equivalent of your bits.

Panelview_Messages.0 triggers Message 1
Panelview_Messages.2 triggers Message 4
etc.

I don't know if there's an upper limit for triggers though. i.e. if you DID use a DINT then Panelview_Messages.31 would trigger Message 2147483648.

Also you'd have to condition your logic to turn on only one of these at once.