Prosoft MV56I-MCMR - reverse engineering

A previous programmer has departed our company and stuck me with a perhaps unfinished job, involving a Modbus network and a Prosoft MCM + ControlLogix 5000.

While the logic works, it does not seem to follow the Prosoft manual much at all. He's defined a 'MCM' of type 'MCMModuleDef', and all the UDTs and logic are imported.

However, the manuals for the MCM talk about having MCM.CONFIG, which this does not. This MCM tag has only:
.InStat,
.ReadData,
.WriteData,
.BP,
.P2Slaves
.P3Slaves

...whereas, the manual(s) has ...
.CONFIG
.DATA
.STATUS
.CONTROL
._UTIL

I can find no documentation on that MCM data type.

Any suggestions?

It´s possible that he created a special UDT, that converts from Prosoft data to what he needed or viceversa, you have to check UDT´s and try to find out if that is true.

Yeah, i've been tracing it out, but i've been unable to determine where the configuration lives. How does it know it's 19200? How does it know what devices to query, and what addresses within those devices?

I was hoping his MCM was some sort of known, yet undocumented, type. Perhaps from a different, or older, model that he's been dragging from project to project over the years.

Do you have a copy of the config file he used? this will tell you where everything is mapped. From the manual "06.MVI56.MCMR.OO.02.EN.pdf":
In order for the module to operate, a configuration file (MVI56MCM.CFG) is required.
This configuration file contains all the information required to configure the module’s
master drivers, set up the databases for the controlled devices and established a
command list. Each parameter in the file must be set carefully in order for the application
to be implemented successfully. Appendix C contains an example listing of an​
MVI56MCM.CFG file.

Hope this helps

Yeah, i tried various combinations, but never found that exact title.

The config file was, in fact, important to my efforts. I think it got me where I need to go, and now I know that sometimes, those prosoft cards are configured external to the actual PLC/CPU