MicroLogix1400 Inventory Issues?

jgreenewv

Lifetime Supporting Member
First of all, I don't intend this to be a "hate on A-B" thread, I just wanted to see if I was alone here. Last year, I used a MicroLogix1400 on a project. We ordered it and had it in hand within a month (standard order times for our local distributor.) Fast forward about six month, and I order another ML1400 for a job (this was in December) and it still isn't here. Not only isn't it here, but our distributor can't find one anywhere in the country, and can't get an answer from A-B as to when we can expect it. Is anyone else seeing this recently with the ML1400 in particular, and A-B parts in general? Thanks.

Yesterday, our rep told us that there is an "issue" and it might be spring/summer before it's totally back.

That's just swell. Our distributor is trying to come up with a solution. They mention moving up to a CompactLogix, and I said that's fine functionally, but this was a big job and we can't afford to eat the cost difference. :whistle:

Ml1400

I have a spare ML1400 from a cancelled project. Not in the box but never used. It has 24VDC inputs and relay outputs. Send me a PM if interested.

Norm

I heard that there's a problem with the Ethernet/IP parts internally, a vendor went bankrupt, that kind of thing.
Only the 1400 is affected.
Just what I heard....which means that's what we are intended to hear.

First of all, I don't intend this to be a "hate on A-B" thread, I just wanted to see if I was alone here. Last year, I used a MicroLogix1400 on a project. We ordered it and had it in hand within a month (standard order times for our local distributor.) Fast forward about six month, and I order another ML1400 for a job (this was in December) and it still isn't here. Not only isn't it here, but our distributor can't find one anywhere in the country, and can't get an answer from A-B as to when we can expect it. Is anyone else seeing this recently with the ML1400 in particular, and A-B parts in general? Thanks.

We experienced same thing. Tried to order a ML1100 as a replacement and we were given an 11 week delivery.

I heard that there's a problem with the Ethernet/IP parts internally, a vendor went bankrupt, that kind of thing.
Only the 1400 is affected.
Just what I heard....which means that's what we are intended to hear.

I heard something about another vendor that made the relay compements going bankrupt...etc. Lots of rumours floating around about Rockwell's delivery woes.