Connect Mitsubishi FX to the Ethernet

MitsuFan

M
Is an any way to connect Mitsubishi FX1N to the Ethernet?
I don't see any modules from Mitsu.

It depends on what you want to do when you say "connect Mitsubishi FX1N to the Ethernet"

To program? NO
To exchange data? YES
To monitor with GX-Dev? NO
To monitor with a VB ot C++ app? YES
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

All you need is an HMI which connects to the Net. Check the E-150ET.

To do the samething as if you where serialy linked, you will need some Serial to Ethernet and an Ethernet to Serial converters. Find them at BlackBox.com an other places. They will co$t you.

Mitsubishi as not released an Ethernet driver for any F serie PLC.

I was told long ago 2 things.

• [*]An FX-Ethernet module is coming soon
    [*]Mitsubishi will not sale any Fx Ethernet module because it will cut there sales of higher level PLCs
Pick your choice on what to beleive (this was more than 2 years ago)

Last edited:
This question was asked few times:
As far as I know, FX ethrnet module in developement, but no plans to release it. If released it will cost few hundred $$ making cheap FX really expensive.
Standard Ethernet to RS422 adapters will work for programming as long as they provide a virtual COM port in Windows.
Look at lantronix family.
Here is another promising lead, but these guys are not ready yet, I talked to them last week. It will be around $120-$150 they told me...

Our local Mitsubishi distributor for the LA & San Diego market has developed such a package product and is private labelling the ethernet adapter from Omega or Newport (or someone). Its been demonstrated to our company. We just don't have an application yet.

I know that it works with the FX1N, FX2N and don't know why it wouldn't work with the FX1S.

Contact Numatic Engineering (www.numaticengineering.com) for information.

... rab

I have it on good authority that Mitsi have already release an ethernet module for the FX in USA and Japan, it's a reduced functionality ethernet module though. They are going to release it in Europe this year or early next as the distributers in Europe like playin with them a bit before they release them.

Xion said:
I have it on good authority that Mitsi have already release an ethernet module for the FX in USA and Japan, it's a reduced functionality ethernet module though. They are going to release it in Europe this year or early next as the distributers in Europe like playin with them a bit before they release them.

Has it been coded yellow in Europe?

I was told be a Mitsi distributer in passing, sorry, i don't know the part numbers. Someone at Mitsi must know what's going on, ask them.

Xion:
The reason I ask for PN and price because my Mitsu contact does not know anything about it...
I was told all developement and release is on HOLD.

According to my distributer, the module is available all over the world except Europe. He knows some people high up in Mitsi. He said it would be out soon in Europe

Some news:
Just got back from local friends at www.plccables.com.
They showed me prototype Ethernet adapter for FX PLC and even let me take a picture ;)
I saw it was working with GX Developer without any visible problems, as well as with Visual Basic.

They told me it will cost $120-130 each.

So far they are not sure if it will work with all FX PLCs, because of 5V DC power consumtion (250ma).
They really don't like to use external PS, but unit is capable to accept external +5V source.
FX2N series should be OK.
I saw it was working with FX0S

xport 008.jpg

Contr_Conn said:
High people in Mitsu better tell high people in US that module is for sale;)
No one knows it here!

This is what we get when asking about the FX Ethernet module

This specific version of this type of product is not available in N.America . It is currently being re-designed by our factory for a release date of February/March 2004. If your customer can wait until then it would be better.There is an existing solution already on the market offered by a third party company. It does work for the FX protocol.