A-B CompactLogix L35 comm. to 1394GMC

nightline

Hi guys,

Can anyone give some advice for a communication between a A-B CompactLogix L35 controller to a 1394 GMC Turbo servo drive.

At this moment we have a PLC-5 who's communicate over RIO to the drive, but we have to change the PLC-5 for a CompactLogix, which don't support RIO...
icon9.gif

Thanks in advance!

Jack

He needs a scanner, not an Adapter, so he needs 1756-series ControlLogix.

There might be another interface mechanism (like SCANPort) that will do what he wants, but for RIO scanning, you need the 1756-DHRIO and therefore you need the ControlLogix.

oops, my bad, you are absolutely correct.

Back to the OP, generally the PLC5 migration path is up to ControlLogix, not down to CompactLogix. And its usually because many PLC-5 systems use, yep, remote I/O &/or DH+.

Also look into a 1756-RIO module. It has better capibilities for Remote I/O comms than a DHRIO module. Of course if you need DH+, then you will need a DHRIO.

The Controllogix is to expensive for the application.
The only thing to go for Controllogix, is the RIO scanner.

As far as I know, it should be possible go for a DH485 communication, but for this sollution I have to change the GMC program. After reading the nearly 1000 pages of the manual, I've not found how to setup the DH485 communication.

What is the Scanport for a kind of sollution?

Regards,

Jack