Allen Bradley RS Logix 500 Address/Symbol Database

henno2000

Hi,

I have been asked to replace an existing AB control system with a Siemens S7 solution.

I have the AB documentation and am looking at specifying the amount of IO required.

I am not familiar with AB terms.

If possible, could someone translate what these address notations mean?

B
C
I
N
O
S
T
U

From using common sense, I can determine the input/output/counter/timer
addresses, but am unsure of the others. (I would assume that they are something like internal memory bits etc, but am after some clarification).

Regards,
henno2000

Thanks for the info.

I assume that the only external signals come from the inputs/outputs themselves? The others would refer to internally generated values?

Regards,
henno2000

Thanks for the info.

I assume that the only external signals come from the inputs/outputs themselves? The others would refer to internally generated values?

Regards,
henno2000

That depends on what model of AB PLC you are using. For example, if you are using a PLC/5 and have analog modules then block transfers will be used to write the IO to/from integer (N) files.

Also, U is not a data file type. U is used to designate that the number following it refers to a subroutine number.

Last edited: