Allen Bradley power consumption calculation

elmatador

Hi Guys,

I have a project with 10 Controllogix racks. I need to calculate power consumption.

For example, say if i have 16 analog input channels, would the following be correct?:
16channels*24VDC*20ma?

What would I do for a Discrete input and Discrete output cards and Analog output cards? I will need to take into account the worst case current.

Does the Rockwell Architecture builder actually take this into account or does it just calculate RACK POWER consumption and not the consumption of analog transmitters, control valves etc.?

I basically need to compute the power rating of the main 24VDC power supply going to the racks and instruments.

Out of 10 racks, that is all you have? Your calculation is going to be based on the type of I/O your using. If you are just concerned with the consumption of the CLX power supplies then you should be able to collect that data from the AB website in the manual.

There are many variables that are in question.

use the max calculation as you are doing and then multiply by two for the maximum power rating as the temp has influence.