What is the best HMI programme

jcp

Hi friends;
Please guide me the best hmi programme which communicate with plc 5/20 or plc 5/40?
thanks
JCP

You should avoid the word "Best" in any inquiry, it always opens up many debates. You may search for such incidents over here.

Many HMI makers support AB PLC on the other end, but it make sense what method are you going to link it with. If it is DH+, I guess the only answer may be PanelView, or PanelView Plus. If you are using RS232, the choice is plenty,

In alphabetical order:D

AB
AD
Hakko
Omron
the list goes on.........................

YES i use want to use the DH+ communication method. Can i download the demo of panel view for training and learning.
Thanks

I doubt there is a demo on Panel Builder 32 software,[for classic Panelview], but it is quite simple to use.

I'm not sure is there a demo version on RSView ME? [for PV Plus]

Like said before, if the connection must be via DH+, then the candidates are very few. AB Panelviews and Panelview Plus, but also AD EZtouch maybe.

If the connection can be via DF1, then there are too many candidates to count.

We also need to know what you need the HMI to do. Are you after just data access and entry or do you need something more advanced like data logging, trending or graphical animation?

OG

YEs logging graph charts and run the visual basic script as well. Now what is my choice? and what tpe of hardware will use for HMI display?

Siemens panels from OP277 and up support VBS scripts, has charts with logging, and also support DF1, but not DH+.
I am guessing (I am not sure) that PanelView Plus or maybe VersaView panels can also support your requirements, incl. DH+.

In my vIEW the best HMI is EATON MAKE AND IT IS EASY TO USE AND ALSO COMMUNICATE WITH AB DH+. IT IS SELF LEARNING AND NOT COMPLICATED LIKE PANEL VIEW PLUS.

In my vIEW the best HMI is EATON MAKE AND IT IS EASY TO USE AND ALSO COMMUNICATE WITH AB DH+. IT IS SELF LEARNING AND NOT COMPLICATED LIKE PANEL VIEW PLUS.

Are you talking about the PanelMate? I cut my teeth on those and really liked them a lot. It was nice to have multiple serial ports and the DH+ card as an add-on that would do RIO or DH+. It was also nice to be able to have expressions and complex math available, and to be able to download new configurations so quickly.

I have not used their newer offerings (ePro and HMi).