1756-ENBT and Logix5561 Controller

KyleKyz

Hi, I am trying to set up a 1756-ENBT so that I can communicate with the controller via ethernet. The F/W Rev. is 3.6 on the ENBT and I am running Ver. 2.42 of linx. I got an IP address loaded into the ENBT module using linx, but when I configured a driver, the device shows up as a yellow question mark with a red X on it. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

FYI....

As of today, version 4.8 is the most current ENBT version and version 2.56 is the current version of RSLinx. Might be worth the time to download the latest version of RSLinx too.

Then again, if you have it working......

OG

Because this kind of question comes up a lot I want to post a clarification:

In the RSWho browse in RSLinx Classic:

Device shows up as a yellow question mark: EDS absent from Registry.

Device shows up as a yellow question mark with a red X: No communication with device.

Don't chase around firmware or EDS files or anything else until you can get PING and HTTP to work, and until you get rid of the red X. The red X always means that the fundamental Ethernet or TCP connection is not being made to the device.

You are right. There was no connection, the link light was not lit up when a cable was in place, and I couldn't ping the module. But.....all those problems went away when I flashed the firmware. I don't understand why that fixed it though. Version 3.6 should have worked just as well as 3.9. Any insight on why that might have happened?