ethernet to can converter

kraj

We are looking for Ethernet From / To CAN ( DeviceNet) Converter

Workflow detail is as follows:

1. We are designing the simulation of DeviceNet Devices (Virtual Devices) in the application. ( Lower pane in diagram). in one computer pc. using C# or NI - LabView
2. The max number of devices could be around 32.
3. All these devices Data are in the form of Ethernet in computer, hence we require ethernet to DeviceNet converter.
4. The converted CAN data is given to DNet PCI Card (Master) which is placed in another computer
5. The number of nodes is configured in the DNet PCI Card (Master).
6. DNet PCI Card (Master) supports only DeviceNet CAN protocol

Following are my queries:

1. How many Nodes or slaves we can configure? ( In our case on the ethernet side - virtual devices ) -- ( Max how many Nodes we can configure in DNet PCI Card (Master) )
2. Or do you suggest any other module which suites to our requirement.

Please let me know if more clarity is required.

What you say you are designing sounds exactly like what SST/Woodhead has been running for years with their DeviceNet modules and PICS simulation software.

Unless you plan on designing a competing product, you should look into Woodhead's offering. In particular they have introduced a DeviceNet/Ethernet bridge device recently, both for CAN network signal monitoring and as a network master or slave device.

http://woodhead.com/products/brad/bradcommunications/gateways/

ken

thanks ken
i go through it but

What you say you are designing sounds exactly like what SST/Woodhead has been running for years with their DeviceNet modules and PICS simulation software.

Unless you plan on designing a competing product, you should look into Woodhead's offering. In particular they have introduced a DeviceNet/Ethernet bridge device recently, both for CAN network signal monitoring and as a network master or slave device.

http://woodhead.com/products/brad/bradcommunications/gateways/

hi ken
i go through it

but i dont want to change the can and cif50-dnmpci device net master

can u help hoe to proceed

You could also take a look at HMS products.

They are one of the major developers of gatewaysolutions for fieldbuses. Ive been using some of there products and they work great... Even some of there developers/engineers are using this forum.

http://www.hms.se

can u tell me is DeviceNet PC/104, DeviceNet PC Card by softing

support it.actually we had can open on other server

thanking you