Panel View Plus Internal Compact Flash Problem

marwan_13

I have a problem with panel view plus "2711", the application is running but all values are missing"XXX", I ahve replaced the internal CF with typical one (taken from another typical equipment) the HMI working properly, so I buy compact flash type "kingstone", I copy all the contenent of the original CF, but the following error is appear when HMI start up:
40 exe

when I refer to the manual I found it's related to firmware,

So what is the problem?

The internal CF card includes several hidden partitions as well as the one that you see when you plug the card into a Windows PC. You cannot just replace the internal CF card with a generic card. The internal CF card also contains the RSView ME runtime license and the Windows CE operating system license.

If you have an application that runs but does not communicate or shows "xxx" values for numeric indicators, the problem is in the configuration, NOT in the CF card itself.

Copy the *.MER application file from the correctly operating card to the incorrectly operating card and you should be able to restore an operating configuration.

If the application is running and you see display screens, I absolutely guarantee that there is nothing wrong with the internal CompactFlash card.

The CF cards that include the operating system and software licenses are expensive. You must buy the correct part number (there are different Series) to be compatible with the Series hardware of your PanelView Plus terminal.

If you post the full part number and any Series and Revision information from the back of the PanelView terminal, I can help you determine the CF card part number.

Again, there cannot be a defect in the CF card if the application runs at all. There can be corruption of the runtime files, but not damage to the CF card that requires replacement. This is why I recommended copying the *.MER file from the working card to the nonworking card.

Ken... I have load another application and delete the old applcation but it was not working and ... but I have noticed that each time the terminal restart it gives an error because the deleted application name is not exist.

If the application is running and you see display screens, I absolutely guarantee that there is nothing wrong with the internal CompactFlash card.

The CF cards that include the operating system and software licenses are expensive. You must buy the correct part number (there are different Series) to be compatible with the Series hardware of your PanelView Plus terminal.

If you post the full part number and any Series and Revision information from the back of the PanelView terminal, I can help you determine the CF card part number.

Again, there cannot be a defect in the CF card if the application runs at all. There can be corruption of the runtime files, but not damage to the CF card that requires replacement. This is why I recommended copying the *.MER file from the working card to the nonworking card.