Micrologix 1000 w/HSC and Flow Meter

zmanvortex

I am setting up a compact and low cost machine that will dose between 15 and 60 ml of liquid depending on the setpoint the user inputs. I have set this up and ran it but my accuracy is 5-10 ml and I need an accuracy of 1-2 ml. Does anyone know where I can get an accurate 24VDC pulse output flowmeter with reasonable accuracy without a hefty pricetag. I also think my pump might be too powerful and is pumping too much too fast. I need to dispense 60 ml in 7 seconds or less. The liquid is not caustic and is petroleum based. I will not be back in until Monday morning so I will check the posts then. Have a good weekend.

My bet would be to look for a peristaltic pump , this alone can do the job. Once the tube is filled, it's feed is very accurate.

To add a watchdog function to it you could go for a turbine flowmeter in line with the pump.

The down side is the tube replacement. You need to replace it when it breacks.