Suppliers Pricing for SS Enclosures

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
My previous thread about a 5 port Ethernet switch and its pricing has brought up another thought.

We are in the beginnings of a large multi million $$ project with almost 30 panels each (all the same size ) with a Contrologix 1756-CNET drop.

What is the average price for a Nema4X (IP65) Stainless Steel single door enclosure 36" W x 48" H x 12" that others pay for?

Our local Hammond/Hoffman knockoff custom panel shop has a price of $1900 CAD for such an enclosure including internal back plate and mounting tabs. Supplier A

Our local panel bits supplier gave us a price of the same size Hammond enclosure with back plate and mounting tabs for $1500 CAD based on the quantity. Supplier B

Unknown to the panel bits supplier we contacted our PLC supplier, who also supply the same Hammond enclosures,came back with a price of $1300 CAD per panel. Supplier C

If we would have gone with supplier A our cost would have been $57000 CAD

If we would have gone with supplier B our cost would have been $45000 CAD

Since we went with supplier C $39000 CAD, im astounded why supplier B calls us and ask why they lost the order eventhough they were $6k higher for the exact same part.

Last edited: