Extracting data out of SLC500 PLC to excel

protrac231

Does anyone know how to get a status bit out of a AB SLC500 plc and provide it to Excel??? Can i use ODBC? Does anyone on have an example of this?

I need to do this so i can get data from palletizers to a label printer.

Thanks for any help.;)

I am using Linx pro. I am more asking for the how to do it.
I realize you are asking for the HOW. Just thought i would clarify the use of PRO before we got too far along.

This in an example of an instruction I have used in Excel to import data from an PLC 5/20

The 9512637 is the name of the PLC file.

=rslinx|'9512637'!'n67:1'

Easy

· Open RXLinx
· Click on “DDE/OPC”
· Click on “topic configuration”
· Click on “New”, create a topic and click “done”
· From RSWho, select the PLC you need to get the data from
· Click on “Station” (top of screen) and then select “data monitor”
· From the table that will come up, select the data table where the data is (B3 Binary for example)
· From the data file table that comes up, right click on the bit you need to monitor and select “copy to clipboard”
· From the window that opens up, select the topic you created and click “OK”
· Open Excel
· In the cell you want the data to reside, right click and select “paste special”
· From the box that opens up, select “past link” and click “OK”
The data should now update about once a second. You can increase or decrease this speed in the “DDE/OPC Topic Configuration” box under the “Data Collection” tab.
Happy programming.