Setting up Recipes in a G3

allscott

I have just purchased a G310 for an upcoming project. I have downloaded the software and started playing with it and yes I am reading the manual as well.

I would like the panel to be able to store recipes for the different products that we produce. Each recipe has about 10 variables and there will be upwards of 300 recipes total. Eventually I would like to be able to push data from our oracle database into these recipes.

So first of all is all of this possible? Secondly what would be the best approach to accomplish this, and where should I even start.

Thanks in advance for the replies, in the meantime I am RTFMing.

I have just purchased a G310 for an upcoming project. I have downloaded the software and started playing with it and yes I am reading the manual as well.

I would like the panel to be able to store recipes for the different products that we produce. Each recipe has about 10 variables and there will be upwards of 300 recipes total. Eventually I would like to be able to push data from our oracle database into these recipes.

So first of all is all of this possible? Secondly what would be the best approach to accomplish this, and where should I even start.

Thanks in advance for the replies, in the meantime I am RTFMing.
Pretty sure what you want to do is possible. You will need a compact flash disk installed into the screen for the data storage. There are some examples on Red Lion's web page that show working with recipes I would download those.

I've not been able to find many examples on the Red Lion site but here are a couple:

http://www.redlion.net/g3features/pdfs/tu020 - recipes and arrays.pdf

http://www.redlion.net/g3features/pdfs/tu028 - ftp server.pdf

These are obviously Crimson 2 examples. Hard to tell how 3 may change the approach.

I do have a question regarding recipes. The first sample above indicates the need to use a variable integer to represent the recipe number. Can a variable string be used as a recipe "number"?
I've gotten the same docs as posted here.
I'm also looking for a guide (step by step walk through)on how to set up the recipe to work with a CF card for crimson 3.0.
Kind of a start with a few parameters and add as you wish approach as the recipes i need to use aren't many but the ingredients can be over 250/recipe.
Hopefully the red lion guys will post here soon.

Here is a link to our Crimson 2 sample databases: http://www.redlion.net/Support/Downloads/SoftwareLibrary/G3SampleDatabases.html the non-Kadet models have RecipeToCF examples in them. The programs will be the same for C3. Please note that these examples were written for a customer who wanted to have someone who was not too familiar with the setup to be able to view and edit the recipes via a PC. To make things easier, you can just write one value per line, which will make the parsing process easier, as you will know which line is associated with which tag.

You cannot (easily) use a string for the recipe selection. However, I assume you want this functionality to be able to search for a recipe by name. I have attached an example that does this. Basically it sorts the recipes by name alphabetically, then when you search, it takes you to the closest spot (alphabetically) in the list.

Regards,
Dan

Regards,
Dan