H2-CTRIO quad caounter not working

StoneMan

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have 1 encoder hooked up to a CTRIO 1A,1B and 1M(24+) and it will not count in both directions. I have it set up as 2 up counters and both work fine, if I switch one to a down counter then that channel will not count. Any suggestions? This machine has been kicking my butt all day, mis-labeled wiring, variable PS's landed together on the same terminals butt splices all over and even some wire nuts inside the cable trays. Appreciate any help.

I was able to get one 1B to count down but had no luck with the quad counter, not sure what is going on with that. I ended up using an up down counter in the program triggered by the scaling of the two high speed counters, I'm not real happy with what I had to do but it is accurate and the machine is ready to run Monday morning.